A Creative Dream

A Creative Dream

A little blog about the life of a somewhat lost dreamer....looking for my grace in this crazy world.

07 December 2016

Snowmen...

I found a couple (dozen) of boxes of white Christmas balls in my studio, so I decided to use them for a project I have in mind. I should end up with several left over, so I think I will abandon them around town like I did the rocks.


But, I have a problem.  I've never really found a good method of packaging these little things to abandon them.  They're glass, so they break easily. 


I don't want them in some sort of packaging that will end up with someone calling the police about a suspicious package. So, bags or boxes that you can't see into may not be the best options.


It needs to draw enough attention that the ornament can be found. And, I need to be able to place whatever sort of packaging I use quickly, so I can make my get away without being caught, because that's part of the fun.


So, I'm turning to you guys... anyone have any good ideas?


5 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

June i have sat here sipping on my coffee mulling over all your criteria for a successful Art Drop....when hubby walked by and i picked his brain.... His suggestion is to use a box but maybe replace the top of the box with a document protector so people could see in... ??? I don't know.. I interested to see what others say...

These are so cute and adorable ! Hugs! deb

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

Not a bad idea, but that would take a bit of doing. I checked into the cup cake boxes, but honestly, they are a tad cost prohibitive unless I am buying a few hundred.

I know there's a way, I just haven't found it yet.

Nancy said...

So cute! Maybe the clear bags available in JoAnn's that people put candy or fudge in, tie the opening closed with ribbon, add an ornament hanger to the ribbon with your note and hang them on whatever will hold them as you go about town?

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Cut apart the plastic nests they came in. Tape or glue the bottom of each ornament to-be-abandoned onto the bottom of a plastic bag (Ziploc maybe). Close the bag, keeping as much air inside as possible. Hey, it's hard to expel the excess air when you want to store food, so ...

[If the ornaments don't snap into their little nests, I guess you would have to put a piece of tape or glue dot to secure each of them to the nest as well.]

They're just adorable. I wish I lived in your neighborhood, June!

ACreativeDream June Crawford said...

Maybe a combination of both Nancy's idea and Eileen's? Keep the plastic tray portion they snap into, and use a "nest" of shredded paper to nestle that into, inside a plastic bag? I did something similar a couple of years ago and was horrified to watch a couple be carried off by the wind, that's why I'm still looking for something a bit heavier, or flat bottomed.