First off... I changed the color scheme... ever so slightly. The pink I used dried somewhat less than the salmon I had expected... it goes that way sometimes. So I went over it with a brick red.
Much, much better, don't ya think? Now, I need to create a base, to do that I cut a piece of corrugated cardboard that is larger than the house... AND, I cut a slice of the same cardboard that fit snugly inside the bottom of the house. I glued the piece of cardboard that would be on the inside of the house to the larger base.
Once that was set, I temporarily set the house on the base and drew a "path" from the door to the edge of the base. With those lines on the base, I set the house aside and mixed a bit of grey paint, and painted the path.
Now that is set aside to dry, and I'm going to add the glitter to the house. For the house itself I am using ultra-fine glitter... a white for the body and a red for the door and shutters. When I'm using the ultra-fine glitter I water Elmer's glue (usually half and half) or the glue seems somehow to over power the glitter. I glued on the white glitter, and let it dry... VERY important here, if your glue isn't dry the next color of glitter may adhere, and then it just gets messy.
I want the roof to be a bit different than the body of the house, so I am going to use a bigger glitter on it. I know that I want "snow" on the roof as well as the base, so I apply the larger clear glitter to the inner area of the roof. For this I use Elmer's glue as it comes out of the bottle, I need that extra bit of thickness to catch and adhere the glitter.
Now, I am going to add some snow to the roof... the edges, the area where the points of the roof meet... wherever snow might fall. And while that snow is still wet, I sprinkle it with the larger glitter.
Now that the house is all glittered up, it's almost ready to glue onto the base. First though, wanted to put something on the windows so that you couldn't see complete I used a velum paper glued to the inside of the house. It's tricky, getting that velum to go way up there inside the house, it is a two story after all... but I did get it there. Tacky glue works best for that part, Elmer's doesn't seem to work as well.
It's time to attach the house to the base now. Using the same tacky glue I run a relatively thick bead around that small part I glued to the larger base. The fit is really pretty close to perfect, so lots of it is going to ooze out... that's ok, it makes the house stick to the base very securely. I should let it dry a bit right here, but y'all know I won't.
The base has to be covered in snow... of course...
And lots and lots and lots and lots of glitter... the bigger sort as I was using on the rest of the snow.
And then, I leave it to dry... right under that star I made some time ago, that's still hanging where I left it to dry. There is a hole in the back of the house so I can insert a small Christmas light... I think I may do a village of these things to sit amongst the pine and holly and lights on the mantle for the holiday. We'll see how that goes...