A little blog about the life of a somewhat lost dreamer....looking for my grace in this crazy world.

11 January 2012

So, here's what we're gonna do...

I am inviting you to join me make this journal. This will be a long running tutorial, an online class basically, that is free and open to anyone who reads the blog. While it will be simple to do, the instructions will be in depth.

During this long running tutorial I'll walk you through creating a journal as I make one myself. My goal is to have plenty of photos of each and every step all along the way so that you can feel empowered to make your own, especially if you have never tried to make one. I promise, it's easy. Really.




And it's an awful lot of fun. Really.

Since I am really sort of up to my backside in alligators (so to speak) at the office the rest of this week... and the swamp just is not draining fast enough, so the 'gators are gaining... I'm going to begin this on Monday when I'll be posting a long list of items that I'll be using. I'm not planning on going out and buying anything for this, and you shouldn't either. While the list will seem very long, it's really just me trying to be very thorough, and will show anything that I MIGHT use. Or, I might not. I won't know until I begin. The list is very flexible, use what you have.





My goals for this adventure are simple. I want to share with you what I do, and I want you to come away from the journey feeling as though you can accomplish this as well.

It's important to note here, I really haven't any amazing drawing skills, although I do a pretty good doodle. I don't have extensive art training... although I did take a few classes back in high school (we shall NOT even consider how long ago that was).

In other words, I'm a whole lot like the normal sort of folk out there, with a shade of (mostly good) crazy tossed in for good measure, but no professional art training. I adore color, shockingly bright and beautiful color... I like making big, fun, colorful messes... and I don't color inside the lines, heck, sometimes I don't even use lines.



So... if you want to play along, feel free. We don't have any fees to deal with, there are no rigid class times... actually, there's really only one rule... YOU MUST HAVE FUN!

Yup, that's all I ask.

You can play along with me while I do this over the next few months, or you can bookmark it and come back to it. As the journey progresses I will be adding a new page to the blog where all of this can be accessed without having to search through the posts. Feel free to tell anyone and everyone you think might be interested, but do NOT re-post the lessons on your blog. You may use one or two photos as long as you link back to the page you found them on, and share a link to my blog.

So... see you guys on Monday... get ready to play!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you... this sounds like a valuable and fun experience.

jinxxxygirl said...

I can't wait to learn something new! I won't be able to participate but i will follow along and enjoy the bright colors and any doodles that make an appearance. :) And file it all away to try another day. Thanks so much for sharing June! deb

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

OOOOOH this is so tempting lady!!!Peace, mary helen Fernandez Stewart

gill said...

This is going to be such fun June!! I can't wait!
Thank you and see you Monday!!

Eileen Bergen said...

June, this is an answer to my prayers! I have struggled since we first met to make a presentable art journal, but I'm still lost.

I chose EXPLORE as one of 2 words for 2012 and this is exactly what I had in mind ... and then you come up with a course and it's free yet!!!

Thank you so much! I'll be baaaack ...

MulticoloredPieces said...

Marvelous idea! I'm looking forward to following this even though I have no intention of making one in the immediate future. I'll live vicariously!
best, nadia

Cyndi L said...

Ok, I need another project like a hole in the head, but you've got me convinced!

Cherie said...

Love this idea! But I have to ask about this statement, "I really haven't any amazing drawing skills." Are you kidding me? Your drawing skills are amazing.

Okay, 'nuff said. I'm in!

Liberty said...

AWEsome! this is the kind of art journalling I do and I'm so excited to follow this topic as you proceed.
I love making a mess, have no classical training and was frustrated with how, for a long time, 'art journalling' seemed to always involve very skillful paintings and drawings.
I've since given myself permission to do whatever I want in my art journal and it's been so liberating!

Anonymous said...

I am new to blogs. I never know how to get back to them. Is there a way to have this blog emailed to me each week. This is sounds like so much fun. I don't want to miss it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails