A little blog about the life of a somewhat lost dreamer....looking for my grace in this crazy world.

19 December 2011

Down to the wire now...


I've spent the weekend cleaning, finishing the wrapping, doing a few more ornaments, grabbing some groceries, and even spent barely a few minutes just breathing deeply.

While breathing deeply, I took a few photos of some of my favorite ornaments and thought I'd share with you...














My tree is a "pencil" tree. It's about 7 1/2 feet tall (I have 10 feet ceilings downstairs). There are 700 lights on it... 400 colored, and 300 white. (Seriously, who would think you could get that many lights on the tree?) That glass tree topper way up there... it adds another 12" to the height of the tree, and my daughter just loves that thing.













Every ornament on the tree has a story, and every year as I put them up it's a walk through my Christmas history...

This one is a simple wooden shape, just painted with a simple little face... and just a touch of glitter














This one was made by The Little One, when she really was little. She was 4 or 5 when she created this little bunny. It's complete all the way down to pearl earrings and little flowers on her shoes.















You find lots and lots of needlepoint ornaments on the tree, the majority of them I designed.














And there are a few on the tree that Kate stitched... she's created many ornaments since that first bunny way back when.















Since we all have a whole lot going on this week, I'm going to keep it simple around here. I plan on sharing more ornaments and decorations, the ones that I'm finishing up and more of the ones on the tree... and then... I'm sure I'll find something to get into...

11 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

What can one say, other than "Wow!"? Such a beautiful tree and I've loved every one of your ornaments...sooooo coooool! You've really got the spirit!
best, nadia

jinxxxygirl said...

What a wonderful tree June! I love trees that are full of memory instead of matchy, matchy. Have a wonderful Christmasy week! deb

gill said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely tree! Ours too is covered in decorations with memories!!

Carol said...

I LOVE your tree. I put tons of lights on my tree too. I put the white ones around the "inside pole" to light the inside, colored strands that stay lit, the two strands of those electronic lights that blink 8 different ways, but I set it to my favorite. Terry laughs every year at the number of lights that go on. I love your pencil tree. If I ever see one, I'll be getting it. Its always fun to look back at the ornaments we all made and even more fun to see that the boys appreciate the fact that theirs STILL go on.

Merry Christmas

Katiejane said...

This is a very pretty tree and it doesn't take up much room. It does look packed with ornaments and what a treat to walk down memory lane with each one. So nice.
So, show me something I can make with a bunch of senior citizens for New Year's please.

ACreativeDreamer said...

Kathy... check your email for ideas.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I do love that tree!

gill said...

We got our tree up this morning! I love opening up the box of decorations - so many memories!

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful pieces...you are so multi talented, seems you can do everything!
Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2012!

Hugs,
Gaby

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

What a special tree!!!! Merry Christmas! Doesn't everyone work down to the wire? Peace, Mary Helen

Cherie Burbach said...

Beautiful tree and I love that so many of the ornaments have a story behind them.

Maria said...

Very sweet! Love your ornaments...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails