A little blog about the life of a somewhat lost dreamer....looking for my grace in this crazy world.

19 October 2011

And here he is...




All the stitching finished, the hanger added, and ready to hang on the tree, or door, or... wherever...

I love him! Never mind all the tiny bits and pieces that were lost along the way, or the number of times I maybe said some not so nice things about tucking everything under and in... I think he is absolutely adorable!












The original canvas was 3 1/2" tall. The felt gnome is just a bit more than that, coming in at a whopping almost 4 1/4" (not counting the hanger).

All of the outside stitching that I saved until last so that I could match the colors to the bits and pieces of the front (rather than stitching say a red blanket stitch all the way around it) was worth it. Regardless of how many times I swore at it.










So, you know what this means don't ya?

Well, actually, it means a couple of things... I'll definitely be converting more of my needlepoint designs to fabrics... felt and maybe cottons too!

And, of course... since I don't want to hog all the fun... it means I'm giving you the pattern and instructions to make your own little gnome.

There are a couple of conditions... I am not responsible for any cursing that goes on when the stitches are not cooperating or the tiny pieces get lost.





The pattern, photos and directions are copyright 2011, all rights are reserved. This may not be reproduced without permission. The instructions and pattern are intended for personal, non-commercial, use only. (That means you can't use them to make money.)

Click on the image below, and you should be taken to a page that shows it... then you can click on that image and it enlarges... print that. The pattern is a standard page size. If you have any problems, email me for the PDF format.

8 comments:

Carol said...

He is too cute! Everyone loves a Gnome!

Snap said...

He's so cute! Thank you!

Char said...

You are so generous with your creations. Thanks! :D

JennyPennyPoppy said...

He looks very sweet & so nicely done!

gill said...

Thank you! He is gorgeous!

Eileen Bergen said...

He is adorable! Thank you for the pattern, June.

How clever of you to create the rosy cheeks with red stitches, while all the other stitches blend in.

Cherie Burbach said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for the pattern. This little guy is too cute.

Cyndi L said...

Thank you for your generosity, June! He is really cute :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails