A little blog about the life of a somewhat lost dreamer....looking for my grace in this crazy world.

30 March 2011

The finished journal...



So... this has taken most of the month... we've gone from very large paint chips...









to paint chips that had been embellished for backgrounds...













to decorated pages...









to pages finished and waiting to be bound into a journal...











all the way to the completion of a cover... now it's time to finish it all up... I chose to use binder rings to put it all together. That way the pages can be moved around, changed, further embellished, added to and written on.






So it was pretty simple. After I lined up the pages the way I wanted them, I just used a standard size hole punch to punch holes in each of the pages and the cover, then threaded the 1" ring binders through the holes (from the back to the front).






And here we have it, and entire journal created from start to finish.





I hope it's made sense, and that you've enjoyed the journey with me... It's been quite the learning experience for me, and I hope you've gained something from it too.

A heads up here... everyone who is following (and those who might follow), be sure to check tomorrow's blog... there may be a give away involved...

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Very nice.. it's been an instructive journey. Thank you.

Leslie said...

Yeah, this was great - a start-to-finish in just a handful of blog posts. Inspiration and instruction rolled into one! Thanks.
Did you make an effort to have the back of a given page match the general colors of the front page it would be across from?

A Creative Dream... said...

Thanks to both of you for your comments.

Leslie... no, I didn't make any sort of sincere effort to make them match. When I was creating the backs I noticed that the fronts could be divided up into pinks/oranges or blues/greens. And, on top of that, they divided equally. So when I did the backs, I created the same sort of split. After I had them finished, I decided that I wanted the fronts and backs that I sewed together to be opposites. Doing that made them match when I put the book together. Sort of happenstance, or serendipity... in the end, I think it worked out ok.

Kim said...

I have really enjoyed every single step June- thank you so much for all the time you took to show us all the steps- I have learned a lot! The finished journal is beautiful!!

jinxxxygirl said...

Lovely as always June. Thank you so much for taking the time to show us all the steps. And thank you for strengthening my resolve to just loosen up and have a little fun.
deb

Lotus said...

I really enjoyed this month! It was a lot of fun following your process!
Lotus

This Moment said...

These turned out really cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails